The guestbook has 611 messages
|271 2017/3/3||Route to Mt. Norikura|
I have plan to go to Matsumoto and Takayama area in 6-10 May 2017, I'm interested in the Alps Shinsyu/Hida Open Ticket 4 days pass. I have some question belows:
1. Do this pass can use reserved bus from Takayama to Shirakawa-go? Or I can use only not reserved bus.
2. About route to Mt. Norikura. When this route is open? Please send me the schedule and bus timetable.
3. Please send me bus timetable from Takayama to Hida furukawa.
Note of webmaster: Hi Weera,
1. You can use only NOT-RESERVED bus.
2. The buses to the top (Tatamidaira) of the Mt. Norikura operates only July-Oct due to remaining snow (Japanese timetable: http://www.alpico.co.jp/access/kamikochi/echoline/). Buses to the halfway (Kuraigahara Hut or snow gorge/Katanokoya Hut) operates from early-May (depends on the remaining snow, last year from May 9th). (Japanese timetable: http://www.alpico.co.jp/access/kamikochi/haruyama/).
3. It seems to be only Japanese version (https://www.nouhibus.co.jp/wp_rnw/wp-content/themes/nouhibus/routebus/takayama/timetable/kamioka_furukawa.pdf). "古川駅前" in the middle of the table is "(Hida )Furukawa Station" It takes 0:50 or 1 hour from Takayama Bus Center (in the top of the table).
Have a wonderful trip,
|270 2017/2/3||accommodation in Matsumoto|
Hi I am going to Matsumoto with my 80 years old mum. We want to stay 2-3 days in onsen and 2-3 days in Matsumoto city.
Please recommend area/place where can do slow strolls (flat), good view onsen accommodation (Asama or Utsukushigohara) and reasonable hotel in Matsumoto (with rotenburo if possible, something like Dormy Inn)
Note of webmaster: Hi, Igor-san
If your mother is inrested in Japanese traditional old house shopping street, Nakamachi and Nawate in Matsumoto and Narai-juku (old post town) in Shiojiri in Kiso Valley are flat old streets good for strolling.
Most ryokans in Asama or Utsukushigohara Onsen provide good view. Especially, Kikyotei Yumotoya in Asama has a private big hot spring bathroom with excellent view of Japan Alps in the 6th floor.
I think Dormy Inn is the only reasonable hotel with rotenburo in Matsumoto downtown. If you don't insist on rotenburo, please look for other hotels in the list of our accommodation page.
I am planning to visit Matsumoto and wondering if there is any event going on from Feb 4- Feb 12?
Beside, is there any local restaurant that you could recommend. We are looking for REAL local experience? We are looking for one above average expensive restaurant and one cheap but good restaurant
Note of webmaster: Hi,
February is off-season and no event in Matsumoto during 4-12. In Omachi, about one hour by train from Matsumoto, Dream Fireworks and Sound Festival at Omachi Onsenkyo (Hot Springs) and Ameichi Festival at downtown will be held.
As for restaurants, Hikariya East I added to Japanese restaurant directory might be real local experience with Japanese dish menu (lunch / dinner). Sakuraya (Eel) is a little cheaper but good for Japanese food experience.
Cheap but good one might be in izakaya and yakitori pubs in the directory. Irori Kaisen Ninnikuya is good and has English menu. Motojiya Robata Shoya is another option. Banrai is popular among local Japanese. [Andy]
|267 2016/10/30||Are you Andy Brasil|
Hello Are you Andy Brasil from Australia?
My wife might to know you.
Note of webmaster: No, I am Japanese.
|263 2016/8/3||City museum calligraphy exhibit|
Greetings from Maine, USA!
My family and I had a great visit to Matsumoto a few weeks ago. At the City Museum was an exhibit of a contemporary painter who worked exclusively in Japanese calligraphy. Unfortunately, I did not note the name of this incredible artist. Would someone please pass along his name to me? Thank you.
We miss Matsumoto!
Note of webmaster: Hi, Michael-san
Did you visit Art Museum, which is famous for Yayoi Kusama's works? If so, it may be Shinzan Kamijo (see here). If this is not one you are looking for, please tell more detailed info.
|(1) 2 3 4 ... 28 »|