“Candle Night 2009” will start June 20th, the day before the summer solstice, and continue until July 7th. To participate just turn off your lights from 8 p.m. until 10 p.m. every night and feel nature’s rhythms! “Candle Night” suggests spending some time in a more natural light, away from everyday life and artificial lighting. It’s not a movement intending to force people to turn off their lights or to protest against anything.
At the same time, Matsumoto City Museum of Art will open for free this Saturday on June 20th. Some events will be held there starting at 6 p.m. The museum supports “CO2 Reduction and Lights Down Campaign” organized by the Ministry of the Environment.
1. Light A Candle Event (6:00 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.)
– Light candles at the court outside of the Museum of Art
2. Slow Life Talk (6:30 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.)
– Presented by Yumiko Nagano, a teacher at Azusagawa High school
3. Live Performance(7:30 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.)
– Performed by Harmo☆Duo
4. Lights Down (8:00 p.m.-)
– Turn off electrical lights
Official site about Candle night: